sigue lloviendo al corazon

The holidays. There's a lot that goes along with this time of year. The shopping, presents, music, secret santas, aggravation, joy, pressure, movies, hot chocolate, trees, decorations, happiness, satisfaction, guessing, and traditions. Now I've had all that, but I feel like I missing something. Somethings not right. This christmas, I'll be without Kirra.

Now I know I've harped on this before. But it hasn't really gotten any easier. I don't think that scar on my heart will ever completely heal. I still miss her. I cherish the time I get with her, hoever long or short. And it always makes me sad when it's time to say goodbye. Especially when she starts to pout, and sniffle, because she doesn't want me to go. That kills me. You want to see a grown man cry, visit me after she leaves.

Don't get me wrong, this christmas has actually gone pretty good. I have enjoyed finding that right gift for people. I have enjoyed all the time I have spent with friends. Now, I won't be getting that big present from my significant other this year, but that's alright. I don't need that. Cobi will be with me this christmas, and I couldn't ask for a bigger or better gift. I guess adding Kirra would be an enhancement. But no one can take away my memories or the time we've spent together.

I love both my kids. And they both love me. You know what, I feel better now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Night was a Rough One

Some of my favorite "Tuesdays with Morrie" quotes

200 retired generals and admirals endorsed Joe Biden